Gas Safety Week
It is Gas Safety Week!
If you are a landlord and own a property with a gas supply remember you are responsible for the safety of your tenants. It is your responsibility to have the gas appliances in your property safety checked on an annual basis by a qualified Gas Safe registered engineer.
To make sure your property poses no risks to safety and to avoid breakdowns of the gas appliances Ideal Heating advises the following:
• Get annual checks by a Gas Safe registered engineer
• Never block the ventilation around your appliance
• Get a carbon monoxide detector and DON’T FORGET TO TEST it regularly
• Test your CO alarm regularly and check that the alarm is still within the expiry date printed on the alarm
• Ensure both you and your tenants know how to react if there is a leak
Added: 16th September 2020