The Government has confirmed that the housing market in England will stay open during the November 2020 Lockdown.
What this means:
- Renters and homeowners will be able to move.
- Removal firms and estate and lettings agents can operate.
- Viewings and valuations of residential properties to buy and rent can continue through the national lockdown period.
- Tradespeople will be able to enter homes.
However, we will continue to follow the existing COVID-19 safety guidance:
- Although our staff will be in our offices our doors will be closed with visitors strictly by appointment only.
- Where possible paperwork will be completed online.
- Routine visits to our Fully Managed Tenented properties will be carried out by telephone or virtual visits.
- Maintenance will be carried out on a priority basis.
- Those completing viewings, including agents, will wear masks and must not present any COVID-19 symptoms including a cough. Viewings will not commence if the correct PPE is not used.
- If possible, agents will wait outside while viewings are completed, or in different parts of a house if it is large enough. A two-meter distance must be maintained at all times.
- Potential buyers/applicants will not be allowed to touch surfaces including doorknobs. Agents will carry wipes and disinfectant to clean surfaces upon arrival and leaving the property.
- Only two people will be able to attend viewings - children and other members of a family will not be able to attend.
- Do not shake hands.
- A maximum time limit of 15 minutes per viewing.
- Hand washing must be completed before and as soon as possible after a viewing.
Dorset Property staff are always happy to give any guidance you may need and help you during this period of lockdown, but you may also find the following link useful:
If you have any specific concerns please feel free to contact us by phone or by email:
T: 01258 452444
Added: 6th November 2020